During this hands-on experience, you will learn about the American Alligator’s history, biology and conservation, while we help to demystify common misconceptions about these amazing and powerful reptiles. You will also learn about the alligator monitoring happening on Jekyll as well as initiatives in place that will allow you to safely help us conserve these incredible animals.
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED - TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY
PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE CORRECT DESIRED DATE BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE. GATOROLOGY SELLS OUT FREQUENTLY AND WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE EXTRA GUESTS DUE TO LIMITED SPACE AT HORTON POND.
Masks are optional.
Social distancing is encouraged.
IF YOU AND YOUR GROUP ARE INTERESTED IN A PRIVATE GATOROLOGY CLASS, PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected] for details.
Price: $15.00 plus tax and fee.
Programming schedule subject to change.
Questions? - Please email [email protected].
Any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against this premises owner and operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity on the premises.
1. I understand that situations may arise during my tour that are out of the control of the Jekyll Island Authority and may require the tour to end abruptly.
2. All participants in my party agree to follow all safety guideline outlined by the tour guide.
3. I agree that to the extent permissible by law, the Jekyll Island Authority (including all officials and volunteers), have no liability to me whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, (including, but not limited to injury or death) sustained by me during or in any way related to my participation in Gatorology.
4. All participants in my party agree to comply with the rules, and regulations pertaining to Gatorology. Pets, and smoking/vaping are not permitted at any time during the program.
5. I consent to receiving medical treatment in the event of illness during Gatorology.
6. Participants must provide their own transportation Horton Pond.
7.The Gatorology program will not be cancelled in the event of poor or inclement weather. Exceptions may occur in certain circumstances when conditions are not safe, such as sustained lightning. Unless JIA staff notifies participants of a cancellation, the program will continue as scheduled. If a cancellation is made based on unsafe weather conditions, participants will be notified of the changes as soon as possible.
Participants will be offered an opportunity for a full refund or to reschedule.